- Joint Regulators Group
Joint Regulators Group
The Joint Regulators Group (JRG), which brings together the heads of the various regulators, usually the chair or chief executive, meets four times a year to discuss issues of mutual concern, exchange experiences and good practice, and to report on recent developments in their own particular sector.
- Office of Rail Regulation (ORR)
- Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
- Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem)
- Utility Regulator, Northern Ireland
- Office of Water Services (Ofwat)
- NHS Monitor
- Office of Fair Trading (OFT)
- Office of Communications (Ofcom)
- Water Industry Commission for Scotland (WICS)
- Homes and Committees Agency (HCA)
OFT attends the regular meetings in recognition of the importance of the interplay between sectoral regulation and general competition policy and because many of the regulators have concurrent powers under competition legislation.
The secretariat of the JRG is provided by one office for a twelve-month period. Ofgem are providing this resource in 2013. ORR last provided it in 2011.
Last updated: 30 April 2013