- Board committees
The Board has three standing committees and their terms of reference are included in the Board's rules of procedure.
ORR's audit committee has a key role in corporate governance supporting the Board and the accounting officer in reviewing the adequacy of ORR's risk, control and governance processes.
- Non-executive directors: Tracey Barlow (chair) and Mark Fairbairn.
- Independent member: Melvyn Neate.
Also in attendance at all meetings: chief executive, director & deputy director of corporate services, head of finance, Board secretary, representatives of the internal audit service provider and the National Audit Office.
ORR's remuneration committee reviews and recommends to the Board broad pay and benefits policy for ORR's senior civil servant staff. It then reviews and makes recommendations on the pay and bonuses for the individual senior civil servants, taking account of their contribution to ORR’s overall performance.
- Non-executive directors: Anna Walker, Peter Bucks, Stephen Nelson (Chair) and Tracey Barlow.
ORR's safety regulation committee helps to develop, maintain, review and update ORR's health and safety regulatory strategy and the overall adequacy of arrangements to meet ORR's statutory duties. It provides guidance and advice on the need for major accident inquiries and reviews the safety inspection and policy formulation programmes.
- Non-executive directors: Steve Walker (chair), Anna Walker, Mike Lloyd, Mark Fairbairn and Ray O’Toole.
- Executive directors: Richard Price, Michael Beswick, John Larkinson and Ian Prosser.
- Other members: Juliet Lazarus, Tom Wake, and Richard Emmott.
ORR's periodic review committee oversees and provides guidance on the delivery of the programme of work associated with ORR's periodic review of Network Rail's revenue requirement for the next five-year Control Period. Having completed its work on the periodic review 2008, which covered the revenue requirement for 2009-14 (Control Period 4), the committee is in abeyance but will be re-established during 2010 to start work on the 2013 periodic review.
- Non-executive directors: Anna Walker (Chair), Peter Bucks, Ray O’Toole, Steve Walker, Mike Lloyd, Mark Fairbairn and Stephen Nelson.
- Executive directors: Richard Price, Ian Prosser, Michael Beswick, John Larkinson and Cathryn Ross.
- Other members: Juliet Lazarus.
Last updated: May 2013