- Worker safety
The rail industry has a duty to keep its workers safe. It has created a number of policies and procedures to try to achieve that.
We carry out regular inspections to ensure that the procedures are being followed by the rail industry and to identify possible gaps and improvements.
We have developed strategies and policies on a number of worker safety issues. More information can be found in our topic strategy section.
In this section
- Working patterns – managing worker hours and conditions, particularly in relation to safety critical work
- Track worker safety – ensuring workers who work near live tracks are safe
- Competence management – what we expect dutyholders to do under their competence management systems
- Slips, trips & falls – how we are trying to reduce the numbers
- Asbestos – minimising the risk to passengers if rolling stock contains low levels of asbestos
- Managing contractors – strategy to manage railway contractors
Last updated: 25 February 2008