In this section
PR13 incentives workshop Monday 9 January 2012
On 14 December, we published a consultation on incentives.
The consultation covers the following topics:
- PR13 objectives and outcomes.
- Network Rail’s financial incentives.
- Aligning incentives on efficiency, including efficiency sharing between operators and Network Rail.
- Capacity utilisation incentives.
- Schedules 4 and 8, possessions and performance regimes.
- Other aspects of the incentives framework, including incentivising innovation.
The workshop consisted of a number of sessions to discuss the issues raised in our consultation. The overall purpose of the day was to recap on the key proposals we set out in the consultation and provide an opportunity for you to question us and have a wider discussion on the proposals and issues raised. We hope that the workshop and the debate with industry colleagues will help you in preparing your written response to the consultation, which closes on 8 February 2012.
We also included a session at the end of the day on the disaggregation of Network Rail’s price control/regulatory framework and financial information by route – which is an important issue for PR13 and it has a bearing on how incentives are established and have effect. It is a topic that generated a lot of comment in responses to our first PR13 consultation in May this year and we wanted to take the opportunity to have a wider discussion on this.